Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Bastards’ Weapon

There are a number of self-imposed restriction that I applied in Palestine 3000 A.D. One of it is the weapon technology. It is difficult to imagine a story of the future without major explosive weapons or even the typical laser like. Do warriors fight cowardly from the distance or face each other like brave old medieval knights? I prefer the later but with weapons of much advance technology.

BastardSaber Sketch I had look into old archives of medieval weapons but it did not sparked any idea. But I do love heavy metallic weapons. It is more masculine than the laser kind. So I peeked into my tool box where there are many solid metal devices. The spark of  inspiration came and I assembled a composite and add a game controller feature for a touch of technology. A new weapon was invented, a two handled sabre.  I named it the Bastard’s Sabre after the nickname of the three villains in the story.

Sabre Rendered The 3D modelling was challenging because of some of the organic form of the weapon. Some features evolved from the original design and that is expected. The handle is borrowed from some parts of M16 assault rifle. The controller buttons and wheels were carefully design so that it is reachable from both handle. If you are wondering how do the weapon function or what special technology it is designed upon then you have to wait till the graphic novel is publish.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment